Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of the repository is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English; Malayalam
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, registered students, and employees of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications, although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of the repository, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- It may not be possible to guarantee the readability of some unusual file formats.
- The repository is working with external partners to:
- convert or migrate file formats
- develop and implement software emulations for old file formats
- record preservation metadata
- backup items in external archives
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items are microfilmed for long-term preservation.
- No withdrawal policy defined.
- No deletion method for withdrawn items defined.
- Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- Items are allocated a checksum to facilitate the detection of alterations.
- No closure policy defined.