On the perch fishery of Tuticorin during 1978-1980

Mathew, Grace (1994) On the perch fishery of Tuticorin during 1978-1980. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 36 (1&2). pp. 28-33.


Download (199kB)
Related URLs:


The v n t pper deats with the studies on petch resources viz. the &ads, the snappers and he pigface breads mainly, which are abdundant in the seas off Tutiwrin. Perchs are one of the most important pups af demersal tishes with immense developmental ptentialitim. Tbe present study relates to tk period 1978-'80. This fishery was hirty g d in this area, during this period, employing both indipmus crafi and gear as well as the mechanised units. At Tutimrin, during this p-id 73.3% of pwchw were landed by indegenous craft and gear whereas the remaining 26.7% were fished by the mechanised units including the large fishing traders of the Fishery . Survey of India. This fishery, by and large was supported mainly by fishes of 'k family hhrinidae, Semanidae, htjaddae. Rectorhychidae. There is a well defined peak 9eaw.1 for this fishery during July-Daober period followed by a smallet peak in April-May.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: perch; Tuticorin
Subjects: Marine Fisheries > Estimation
Demersal Fisheries
Divisions: CMFRI-Kochi > Marine Capture > Demersal Fisheries
Subject Area > CMFRI Brochures > CMFRI-Kochi > Marine Capture > Demersal Fisheries
CMFRI-Kochi > Marine Capture > Demersal Fisheries
Depositing User: Geetha P Mrs
Date Deposited: 31 May 2010 06:41
Last Modified: 09 Sep 2015 15:08
URI: http://eprints.cmfri.org.in/id/eprint/687

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item