CMFRI, Kochi (1988) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Bombay Research Centre Activities and achievements. CMFRI; Kochi.
The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute established a sub-station at Bombay in 1947 which served as the Centre for collection of fish landing data. The research programmes at that time were limited to the investigations on the biology of Bombay duck, Harpodon nehereus and fish eggs and larvae of Bombay waters. The Sub-station was wound up in 1950 due to economy drive of the Government of India and the staff were transferred to Mandapam Camp, the Institute's then Head-quarters. Subsequently, with the commencement of offshore trawling operations by the Government of India during 1952-53, the establishment was reopened as an Unit in 1953 at Sasoon Docks. In 1957, the Unit was upgraded as a Sub-station and shifted to Sir P. M. Road. With further expansion in later years and after renaming it as Bombay Research Centre of CMFRI in 1977, the establishment was shifted to its present venue during 1978.
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute; Bombay Research Centre; ICAR; CMFRI|
|Depositing User:||Arun Surendran|
|Date Deposited:||20 Oct 2010 04:29|
|Last Modified:||09 Sep 2015 15:32|
Actions (login required)