Dan, S S (1985) Fish food poisoning at Bally, Howrah. Marine Fisheries Information Service, Technical and Extension Series, 63 . pp. 12-15.
The cheap puffer fish consumed in the village got massive food poisoning. The general symptoms were uneasiness, giddiness and loss of general senses. According to the symptoms, effect of the poison was neurotoxic acting on central nervous system. According to the information collected from the victims, some of the fish contained matured eggs. This showed that not only the flesh but eggs and oil of puffer fish were equally poisonous.
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||puffer fish; Tetradon|
|Subjects:||Socio Economic and Extension > Fishing Community|
|Deposited By:||INVALID USER|
|Deposited On:||08 Sep 2010 17:05|
|Last Modified:||08 Sep 2010 17:05|
Repository Staff Only: item control page